Applicationhas recently deployed the ATT (Application Tracking Transparency) tool with iOS 14.5 to make it easier for users to selectively select ad tracking. A Flurry Analytics report says that approximately 96% of iOS users in the U.S. take the help of the tool and decide to turn off tracking that sends data to third parties to serve them. custom ads, which leaves 4% skinny who still does not use the tool. The findings are based on a sampling of 2.5 million active users on iOS.
The ATT tool allows an iOS user to decide if they want to share their advertiser ID (IDFA) label with any application or not. Disabling the “Allow applications to request tracking” option on your iPhone will restrict access to IDFA data and prevent applications from requesting permission tracking. apple has made iOS clearly indicate on the app tracking request screen that user data will be used to run personalized ads. The break is up to the user.
Companies that rely on tracking users to post ads to them, such as Facebook, could receive a huge blow with this privacy-focused feature of Apple.
Following the Cambridge Analytica data scandal, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg chatted with the CEO of Apple Tim Cook at a meeting hosted by Allen & Company investment bank for technology and media in Sun Valley, Idaho, according to a New York Times report.
According to the report, Zuckerberg asked Apple’s CEO how he would have handled the aftermath of the scandal. In response, Tim Cook said that “Facebook should delete any information it has collected about people outside of its basic apps.” to which Zuckerberg was “stunned,” the report states. Zuckerberg would not accept Cook’s suggestion and is shown in the number of data leaks that have passed through the social media platform since 2019.