OneDrive is an excellent cloud storage platform and has many advantages over its rivals. However, space on OneDrive is limited. If you want to check the total and used space in your OneDrive account, read this article.
How to check OneDrive storage space on PC
The procedure for checking OneDrive storage space on your computer is as follows:
- Right-click the cloud icon in the file Taskbar tray.
- Click the to option Help and configuration
- Select Configuration.
- A la Accounts on the tab, you will find the exact amount of space used of the total amount of space available.
However, to check your system, the system must be connected to your OneDrive account and all files must be synced. There will be a better idea available in the OneDrive online account.
Check the OneDrive storage space in your OneDrive online account
The procedure for checking OneDrive storage space in your OneDrive online account is as follows:
- Go to onedrive.com and sign in to your OneDrive account.
- Click the gear shape symbol in the upper right. This will open the file Configuration menu.
- Then select Options.
- The page that opens will show the used and total space in your OneDrive account.
The above two methods will help you calculate the total space available on your OneDrive. However, if you want to free up space in your OneDrive account, an easy trick is to delete the Desktop, Pictures, or Documents folder from the OneDrive folder, obviously unless you need them specifically in OneDrive. Typically, the purpose of these folders is local storage, especially for the Desktop folder.