Kirinyaga University is a chartered government owned and established under the Universities Act No.42 of 2012. At present, the University runs degree programmes across five faculties; Health Sciences, Hospitality and Textile Technology, Pure and Applied Sciences, Business and Education and Engineering and Built Environment. The University, situated about 115 kilometers from Nairobi, is among the vibrant and fastest growing citadels of learning in Kenya.
SCHOOL OF PURE & APPLIED SCIENCES
Department of Computing & Information Technology
Senior Lecturer Grade 13 2 Positions KyU/AC/164/07/2021
Area of Specialization: Information Technology/Computer Science
1. SENIOR LECTURER GRADE 13
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of a Senior Lecturer shall include but not limited to:
a) Teaching and evaluation of undergraduate and postgraduate students
b) Setting, moderating, administering, processing and marking examinations
c) Academic advising and mentoring of undergraduate and postgraduate students
d) Participate in professional and community services
e) Initiating linkages and resource mobilization
f) Initiating, promoting and conducting research.
g) Developing teaching and learning materials
h) Supervising undergraduate and postgraduate’s students in research activities.
i) Participating in preparation of Department and Faculty development plans.
j) Attending and participating in seminars, workshops, conferences in relevant fields.
k) Participating in planning, development, implementation and evaluation of curricula in the Department.
l) Attending and participating in Departmental meetings and other activities for effective and efficient management of the Department and Faculty.
m) Undertaking administrative duties and other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
• An earned PhD or equivalent degree qualification (or a Master’s degree qualification in special cases) in the relevant field from an accredited and recognized university;
• At least three (3) years teaching experience at the University Level as a Lecturer or six (6) years research/industry experience
• A minimum of thirty-two (32) publication points as a Lecturer or equivalent, of which at least twenty-four (24) should be from refereed scholarly journals;
• Supervised at least three (3) post graduate students to completion as a lecturer or equivalent;
• Registered with the relevant professional body (where applicable)
Terms and conditions of service
• Successful candidates will be offered a competitive remuneration package.
• Employment will be on Permanent and Pensionable terms except for Tutorial Fellows.
• Those with degrees from foreign universities should attach certificates of equation and recognition of qualifications from Kenya National Qualifications Authority.
• Applicants must meet requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenya Constitution, 2010
Mode of application
Applicants must submit five (5) copies of applications giving details of the educational and professional qualifications, age, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address. Enclose certified copies of certificates and testimonials giving names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant’s competence and areas of specialization, accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae and a copy of most recent letter of appointment.
Interested applicants should send the applications to the undersigned, quoting the reference number for the job applied for so as to be received on or before 9th August, 2021.
THE VICE CHANCELLOR
P. O. BOX 143-10300
Kirinyaga University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants of either gender, persons with disabilities and persons from marginalized communities are encouraged to apply. Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
KyU is ISO 9001:2015 certified
Kirinyaga University is Zero Tolerant to Corruption.
Other Education And Training jobs that you might like